♥ FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ♥

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 9, 2009

    Prescriptives, MAC, Estee Lauder Haul!

    I went to Macy's to buy shoes, and I signed up for a Macy's card. (Uh oh!) BUT with good reason. I got a discount on cosmetics for the first 2 days I had it! So I bought some things. I mean, cosmetics are NEVER on sale. Not here at least. And what makeup junkie wouldn't jump at the chance? It's like being a kid in a candy store! =] Enjoy!

    PRESCRIPTIVES

    I was matched as having Blue/Red undertones. 
    I am Rose in liquid foundation and Level 2 Cool in mineral foundation!

    Prescriptives Anywear Sticks:
    I bought these to throw in my purse and I really like them! These came together in a package. I think it would be smarter on their part to just make 1 big stick instead of 2 little ones. Or at least have the option. I didn't really want 2 tiny ones but they work nonetheless. So far, no breakouts! They are perfect for on the go.

    Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation (Rose):
    This is now becoming my HG foundation. Because it's the perfect shade for me, it requires very little blending into my jaw line. I always blend makeup into my neck out of habit, but even if I forgot one morning, with this foundation you would never notice. It's even better than MAC Studio Sculpt for me. Also, my Beauty Blender along with this foundation gives me a great finish! The coverage is just phenomenal for me. It's medium-full and it does the trick! It stays on all day too. I admit, I use the Studio Finish concealer over blemishes, but I really like how this foundation feels. Like I said, RAPIDLY becoming my HG foundation! I've picked it up every single day since I bought it!

    Prescriptives Mineral Makeup (Level 2 Cool):
    I am officially done with Bare Minerals after trying this, and I never thought I would say that. The coverage and the color are everything I want in a mineral foundation. Like the liquid, this color blends right into my skin. It really gives me that "my skin but better" look. Not a cakey, powdery mess! I can barely use any product and get the coverage I want. You guys know me. I have acne scars and need medium-full coverage. You can use it lightly over your liquid foundation or use your 182 (or any kabuki) and wear it by itself. I am really in love! 

    Prescriptives U-Pick (Large):
    Buttermilk (top left) Fire (top right)
    Antique Gold (bottom left) Espresso (bottom right)
    Brown Sugar Blush (bottom)
    4 Eyeshadows and 1 blush of my choice?! Who can resist? Not only that, you can buy refills and switch colors out. This is absolutely the most perfect thing for me. I throw this in my purse and I'm set for a night out or a long weekend. The sections with the 2 eyeshadows can each be pulled out and be replaced with a blush if you wanted to. All 3 sections are as large as the blush section. The only thing that would make this more perfect is if they made a mini brush set to take with you too. 

    Swatches:
    MAC

    MAC Fluidline (Dipdown):
    Not much to say about this because I LOVE fluidline. I just wanted a brown. I'm sick of always wearing black. There are some neutral looks where I just want a nice brown line on top. 
    MAC Prep & Prime Line Filler:
    This makes my under eye concealer go on really nicely, but I don't know that it does much else for me. I know a lot of people rave about this product, but it doesn't do anything for me. I don't have many lines to fill. I've heard that some people put this on before concealer and some after. I've tried both ways and neither seems to make a difference on me. I also got Refined Zone (not pictured -- forgot! :) and I LOVE that. It's incredible! I wish it wasn't limited edition!

    ESTEE LAUDER 
    (DOUBLE WEAR COLLECTION)

    Estee Lauder Shadowcremes
    & Double Wear Eyeliners:
    If anyone on here knows anything about me, they should know I love paint pots! I'm attracted to anything like them! lol Anyways, I picked up 3 shadowcremes in Ivory Lace, Antique Gold, and Golden Apricot. The pigmentation is incredible and they don't crease! I wore Golden Apricot the other day with a gold shadow on top and it looked awesome! They are very creamy and a little bit goes a long way! I also got 2 of the eyeliners in Coffee and Onyx. These take 90 seconds to dry and then they stay on for 15 hours. I have to say these are really awesome. My eyes water a lot so it's hard for me to find something to stay in my waterline. I really like to put the Double Wear in Onyx on and then put some UD 24/7 in Zero on top. It stays and it's more intense. Great collection!

    Swatches:

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    11 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I love Prescriptives. I never really hear much talk about it. I love their mineral foundation!

    Zoella. said...

    Fab haul missy. I am SO tempted to try prescriptives mineral foundation. I'm a BE girl too so i'm looking to find something better. What sortof finish does it have on the skin? Is it very matte or does it glow slightly? haha x

    Unknown said...

    Great haul!!!
    I’m using those Estee Lauder products and loving them too.
    I love these so much that I’m thinking get back more colours, that goldy one looks beautiful.
    The Mineral Makeup from Prescriptives is awesome, great product for more oily skin. xoxo

    Clara said...

    what an amazing haul! I have had that mineral foundation for a while now and used it every single day, the coverage is so good! Loving the golden apricot too, but I'm thinking of going back for the gold and the ivory. Those pencils are awesome, I got the bronze which is so pretty. I got the line filler too and it doesn't do anything for me either! X

    maya said...

    Nice haul! I really want to try the MAC line filler as well after hearing all the raves? is it also LE?

    deannamargaret said...

    @Zoella, the mineral foundation is matte. It keeps my nose from looking shiny pretty much all day. I have a problem with an oily t-zone so this is really good. I'd say if you wanna try it out, go there and have them match you and put it on you. See if you like it. I really like it because it matches perfectly with my skin so it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I've never found my perfect color match anywhere and they did it. Even Bare Minerals isn't my perfect match -- it's just the closest thing. I think that's why I love this so much!

    deannamargaret said...

    @Maya, last I heard the line filler is not limited edition. The only thing that's limited edition is the Refined Zone, which makes me so mad because that's what I LOVE! But try out the line filler. It's a great consistency. On me personally, I just don't think it did anything. I've heard people rave about this so go ahead and give it a go, hun!

    Kelly said...

    Some great reviews there - thanks :).

    Krystallia said...

    What a haul!!!I really want to try paint pots but the counter here..oops forgot to ask if they had any,lol,i was amazed at the whole idea so...Also i 've heard so good words about the
    estee lauder ones,maybe i should try one..

    Anonymous said...

    I love your haul! You got me really curious about prescriptives. I see it around the Macys counter but I never bothered to go give it a try. How much is the foundation? I hope it's not expensive lol. And how do you like the Aspirin mask after you've tried it? BTW, I love love love FL, I was actually going to do a post on it when I have more time haha. I need to get me refined! Everyone is in love with it, i need me someee!

    Sarah said...

    I am obsessed with Presscriptives Flawless Skin. I also wear the Rose color and I've only been wearing this foundation since it was first released. I've never found anything better! They color match so well at the Px counter!